Friday, January 11, 2008

Back From Thinking

I spent these last 6 weeks thinking. Not thinking whilst eating pizzas on couches in front of televisions. I was mobile. Traveling. Driving. Hiking. Gone.

I went away so that I could come back. I realize more and more that I need to go away to get myself back. I live in Los Angeles, so that is vital. The leaving. I often say that my favorite part of L.A. is the leaving it. But there is more to it than that. I must leave this neck of the woods because it is, quite truly, just that...a neck of the woods. And the WOODS are a full bodied thing. The Woods are big, massive, multi-faceted thing to be seen and educated by. So to stay in the neck and the neck alone, makes you or me rather...dumber and less interesting and less..lesser and even yes, lesser.

So for six weeks (those 6 that I did not post anything new here) I went into the woods and found my arms, my legs, my chest and my heart...found them again and came back to Los Angeles and connected all of those parts to the neck...And now, for now atleast, I feel full again, strong, able.

So I look forward to sharing, once again, and hope that you too, are replenished enough to open up to opening up...again.

1 comment:

Brucenstan's Momma said...

omg i am so glad you are back!
xo