Friday, September 21, 2007

One More Pre Yom

listening to Bob Dylan's "Buckets Of Rain." One of my all time favorite songs. Heard it for the first time in an apartment on Perry Street in the West Village with three life long friends. So, it is a very anthemic song for me. And yeah, I suggest a download.

I went on an early morning hike with my dog and a friend. We discussed life. The crisp Fall breeze felt right. The skies were clear. I thought I was in Montana for a moment. I watched Sean Penn on Oprah (tivo) right before my hike. He blows every part of my mind. He was discussing his new film Into The Wild, adapted from the book of the same name, adapted from the real life story of a journeyman, seeking AUTHENTICITY.

And just now, I had a conversation with another friend. She thinks there is something happening in the Universe. Something strong. Something that has a lot of us in a very pensive place. Good pensive, though. And I wonder, is the change in season? Or perhaps, and more overwhelming, the drastic change in the world. War everywhere. A fool running our country. Dan Rather (see Larry King or read it on CNN) being manipulated into quitting CBS because of seeking truth. We are living in a censored time. Is that making us censor our own selves more? Open up less?

I know, heady, heavy shit. All that said, I feel great today. This week has been wonderful. I LET GO AND LET GOD. I remembered who I am. I got proactive again. I finished mourning my old work relationship with the green faced bike rider(see first blog) and realized, too, that for a long time I was taking the poison...the poison that distorted my thoughtscape and made me feel less than, incapable, a flash in the proverbial pan.

Perfect timing for Yom Kippur. A time to get quiet and cleanse and re think, re define and move in a new direction for all of us.

No comments: