Thursday, September 27, 2007

Your Words

Your words, your comments, you guys have really been so helpful for me. I have had awakenings everyday. I feel great. I also feel equipped, today anyhow, to walk through the next low. To climb out of the next k-hole. I know there will be many. And today I feel the strength and courage to be okay with the dark the same way I am okay with the light.

I am feeling more and more like my 8 year old self. I flipped through vintage pictures of my childhood and I was in awe of ME. I love the kid in those photos. He was glowing. Smiling. Making faces and wearing capes and costumes and whistling with cowboy boots and hats and bigwheels and candy and garbage pail kids. Pictures of me watching The Cosby Show, Family Ties, Facts of Life and General Hospital. Pictures of me with a cast after breaking my leg playing basketball (first and last time...jewish alert/theater geek alert). Pictures of me as Conrad Birdie in Bye Bye Birdie: 8th grade. Me in Fame: 9th grade. Me..as a kid, dreaming of greatness. Me, high on laughter and warmth and love. Nothing else.

Maybe look at some of your photos of YOU at your most innocent. You will fall in love with YOU, too. And you will take that big, deep breath and say "i want that now..I want that again." And you will wake up every morning and say "that's the person I am going to be today...my 8 year old self."

Thanks for taking this journey with me.

No comments: