Monday, September 24, 2007

Q&A with Skinny Bitch Author, RORY FREEDMAN

I had the good fortune of meeting Rory Freedman a couple of weeks ago. She is one of the funniest people you will come across. And smart. And pretty. So yes, you will likely have a crush on her while she is making you piss your pants laughing. She is honest and authentic. She will make fun of her lacking CD collection before you can. She was an agent at Ford Models, now she is a New York Times Best Selling Author. She inspires the freedom of change, the liberation of doing and succeeding at something entirely new. And her book is clever and funny as all get out. Go to any airport, bookstore or brothel and buy Skinny Bitch.

Rory told me her favorite quote as it relates to our conversation is:

"When everything seems to be going against
you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with
it." ---Henry Ford

I asked Rory this: You transitioned from agent to author...did you have any trepidation? If so, how did you overcome it and become a best selling author? If not, why not?

Rory said: "There were certainly times I wondered, 'What have I done? I had a six-figure income and a steady career!' But when I decided to leave Ford Models, it was because I felt
certain that I could make a real difference in the world. I felt like I had to. I can now say, without a doubt, it was one of the best decisions I've ever made in my entire life. And not because Skinny Bitch is a success. But because I believed in the abundance of the universe;
honored my truest, deepest instincts; and chose to be of service instead
of self-serving."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was it Mickey Rooney, or Mickey Rourke? One of them said something about how on the way to success, we must pass failure. I like to believe that an important purpose of failure is to prepare us to appreciate, I mean really appreciate, success .. . and you will. That is, of course, unless you continue to write out the word G-d, instead of hyphenating like you were taught to do. Then you'll just burn in hell, and your skin would get all crispy, and you'd probably just relive your "failures" day after day after day, 'cause that's most likely what your hell would be like, whereas my hell might involve potty training, pap smears, and nipple piercings. So, just hyphenate, please.