Thursday, September 20, 2007

Q&A with my FATHER, Part 2

Matt, I want to add something. I should have also pointed out that hard work is part of the picture. Although hard work alone may not get you across the goal line , my experience is that those who work hard always seem to be in the right place when a break or good fortune comes there way. Here's a story, my friend Joe Masci, owns a chemical distribution business that he started years ago after coming to America with just a third grade education. Joe opened his business in Newark on the same street as a more seasoned competitor. The competitor stopped by one day and and said "Joe, Inotice your lights go on at 7;30 am, well I want you to know I will be opening at 7, because nobody outworks me'. Joe paused for a moment and said"don't bother I will be open 24hrs a day" My friend Joe was determined to suceed by hard work and he did. Also I wanted to add this on the subject og getting over a disappointment if you lose a deal and you let it effect you and you in effect stop rowing don't be surprised if the rest of your team stops rowing as well. Just another point to remember to move on.

No comments: